Saturday, November 22, 2008

Almost Thanksgiving, but here is Halloween!

I just got my camera back from my Grandmother's house, so here are Sydney's Halloween pictures. She is in the mode of HATING having her picture taken, so she is covered in chocolate - the distraction so I could take her picture. When she sees the camera, she breaks down and cries. I can't blame her, that's how I feel about having my picture taken too.

Goldilocks (and the 3 bears)






We have a big accomplishment for the day today! Sydney said the first sentence we've heard. I had to work today and I was getting ready to leave and getting my hugs and kisses at the door and Sydney said, "Mama what is dis?" and pointed to my sunglasses on my head. She wants you to tell her the words for everything so she can repeat them. She is in the "Parrot Stage" right now. She has been talking SO MUCH the last few weeks. My list of words that I posted at the beginning of November seems obsolete. That list has at least tripled of words she says and knows what they are, but she'll repeat any word you tell her to. She can now say all of her grandparent's names - Hoppy, Gran, Meme, and Pops. She started saying Hoppy about a week ago and has since learned to say the others and points them all out in pictures and names each one over and over again. It's so cool how fast they learn. All you soon to be moms out there remember to soak it up. I feel so sad that I barely remember her being a little baby. In a year or two I know I won't remember this time very well either. Even though that time is gone, the present is so much fun! Plus, there are the hours and hours of video I can watch one day...
Well, this went on much longer than I meant. I bought some hair color today and I am going to try to save $100 by touching up my highlights at home. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sydney is so cute in her Halloween costume! Of course! I love it!

The Duff Family said...

Great pictures. They are such little sponges soaking up everything that they hear. Hayden sounds like such a little adult now.