Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Random Things (Blogging on Lortab)

Those of you who read my last post know that I'm on pain medication right now so I'm a bit loopy and while I'm waiting on my sleepiness to set in, I figure I'll blog.

We started our Labor and Delivery Classes last week. They've been a little too graphic for me. We watched a delivery video our first night and last night we learned all about anesthesia options - which means it was a whole night of talking about blood and needles and catheters. After about 45 minutes of in depth discussion about epidurals and spinals our instructor asked the class if we were all O.K. She noticed about half of us looking at the floor and I'm sure I was a shade or two paler than usual. We then watched a slide show involving the steps we will take when we come to check in to the hospital all the way to checking out. Our instructor took time to answer questions during the close-up slide of the baby sticking it's head out of the mother during delivery, and after about 3 minutes of staring at that picture, the room began to break down. It was ten 20-35 year old men who turned into a group of giggling 5 year olds. Jeremy was the worst one. He got to laughing so hard that I started laughing (although I agreed, the baby did look like a demon.) As long as he doesn't do that in the delivery room, we'll be fine.

We also bought the new "Baby Wagon" tonight. I really didn't want to give up the Beemer, but the 2 door coupe isn't practical for getting baby in and out and as much as I would love a 4 door BMW, it's just not something we can afford right now. I did get a really nice, fully loaded Nissan Pathfinder. It's a bit bigger than what I wanted because I was trying to get something with better gas mileage, but I know it will be much safer and easier to get baby stuff in and out when driving Sydney around. It was so nice not having car payments, but it had to be done. It will be strange to drive an automatic and something that is so much larger than my car. Sydney is costing a fortune and she isn't even here yet!

One last random thing...my ankles and feet have begun swelling some, especially after an extra long day. Last Friday I had heels on all day and we went out right after work and didn't get home until 10:30 or so and when I took my socks off, my feet and ankles were huge - like tree trunks. We tried to take pictures of them, but they didn't really come out well. I propped my feet up for a while and the swelling went away pretty fast, so I wasn't too concerned. Late at night my feet start to look like hobbit feet. Sort of fat and swollen a little, and they look like they don't belong on my legs. Flintstone feet! I find something new and weird on my body to laugh at almost everyday.

No comments: