Wednesday, April 4, 2007

33 Days To Go!

As the days count down, I'm getting more excited and more ready than ever to have this baby. I've started "Super Cleaning" the house and getting my bag packed and trying to wrap up loose ends at work, but I'm still not completely ready - not for a few more weeks and definitely not today. So when I was in a meeting this morning and I started having very intense lower back and rectum pressure and lower abdominal pains, I got a bit worried. Well, I started to panic just a little bit. I've been having some pretty strong Braxton Hicks Contractions lately, so I know what those feel like. This pain was way different. They got so bad after about 5 or 10 minutes that I just got up and walked out of the meeting - I very slowly walked out because it felt like the baby was going to fall out. I tried doing this as gracefully as possible while trying not to draw too much attention to myself or the pain I was in. I walked into the nearest office to gather myself and the girl who is in that office has never had kids and she started to freak when she saw me all bent over holding my stomach. It was pretty funny. I told her I was fine and reminded her "There is no way I'm having this baby today! I have too much to do and she's not due for another 4 1/2 weeks!" Then she reminded me that not every birth goes according to plan and I wouldn't be the first person to go into labor early. Well, sure enough after about another 10 minutes or so the pains quit and I was fine, but reality sure did hit. I have had a couple of pains since then but not as intense and not close together like those were. And before anyone else asks (because people in my office and Jeremy did) - No, I didn't need to go to the bathroom. This was no digestive problem. This was pain like I had never felt. So, now I am extremely motivated to get my bag packed and to get the house ready - just in case. And if that was just a test, I can't imagine what the real thing will be like.

No comments: