Thursday, April 26, 2007

Gloom, Dispair, and Agony on me...

No, it's really not that bad, but I'm truly upset about still being pregnant and I am extremely uncomfortable. I know my due date is still a few days away, but I had planned on having better news from the Dr. when I went on Tuesday. There was no change and I'm still only 1cm dilated. The only hope he gave me is that he would induce next week, so if I can just make it through the next few days... I think Sydney is just waiting on her Pops to get back in town, so come on Sydney, Friday is a good day to be born!
On a more positive note - Jeremy's office gave us a shower yesterday and they catered Bogie's Deli and we had a nice turnout. Most of his co-workers chipped in and bought Sydney her high chair, but she also got a fabric photo board to hang on her wall, some cute outfits, onsies, nightgowns, and a Rainforest Waterfall Soother. Thank you everyone!! Not only was this a party for Sydney, but also a welcoming party for her daddy. Jeremy got officially hired by Hilton and his "first day" is on Monday. Of course if there is a birth, Jeremy will miss his first day of work! At least if she's born tomorrow or Saturday, he could go in for orientation on Monday. She'll wait until he's in orientation and then she'll want to come!
So, for the most part, we've had good news this week. Sydney is still growing and healthy and I'm still growing... But don't be shy Sydney - we've got the house ready, your room ready, the bags are packed, my desk at work is clean, we are just waiting on you. You've got a whole closet of clothes to wear and toys to play with and I'll buy you a Barbie Jeep if you hurry up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nickie-
Hang on in there. Believe me, I know how you feel. I am getting induced for a c-section on Monday. We'll have to share pictures some day soon. :)

Joy