Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Another Dr. Appt., Another Day...

My Dr. Appt didn't go as well as I had hoped. I'm dilated 2-3cm, and I have effaced some, but he didn't give me much hope of having the baby any time soon. He wants me to wait another week before he'll induce. I'm 40 weeks and 2 days as of today. The hospital is calling me in the morning to schedule my induction for next week, so I'll post the date as soon as I know something. Jeremy's dad (Pops) leaves for London this coming Monday, so it is really upsetting to think he might not be in town when Sydney is born. I never imagined that I would actually have to wait this long and it is becoming more mentally and physically exhausting everyday. I've still been going to work each morning, but I don't know how much longer I can keep it up. I have saved 25 of my sick/personal/vacation days in addition to my 6 weeks of maternity leave, but I had planned on taking those extra days after she was born, not before. Luckily my yearly anniversary comes up on August 28, so I'll have about 30 days that renew after that. My legs are starting to feel the strain of the extra weight and I'm afraid I'm going to get some crazy busted leg veins. My ribs/chest mucles hurt as bad as ever. Sydney is now taking up so much space I can only eat small amounts at a time, so I've lost 2 pounds since last week. I guess that could be a positive thing. My blood pressure is still excellent. So, things could be worse. I'm grateful that we're healthy and all that I can hope for at this point is that it stays that way and just keep telling myself that it will be over before I know it.

2 comments:

San Nakji said...

Good luck! I am sure everything will work out perfectly. Babies can just be pains sometimes :)

Courtney C. said...

hiya! good luck on making through the rest of the week. I promise it is all worth the wait. You'll forget about how uncomfortable you are now once she's is in your arms. Alec, Maddison and I will be home from England on saturday. If its ok with you guys, we would love to come see you in the hospital. just let us know! we'll be keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers!!!