Thursday, May 17, 2007

Quick Update

I just wanted to do a quick update. I'll post more info about delivery, etc. once things settle a bit more. We are having our long sleepless days and nights right now, so when Sydney sleeps, we try to nap and get things around the house done, and when she's awake, we just like staring and talking to her. We are "camping out" in the den for now because I have to sleep sitting up because of my incision. So Jeremy is sleeping in here with me on an Aerobed and Sydney is in her co-sleeper. I'm still taking Percocet for pain, so I'm always a bit "drunk". Breastfeeding is very time consuming and painful, but going great overall. I never thought I would say this, but it's the most precious thing ever. The nurses told me I had really great "equipment" for it.

So, once I sober up and we get re-organized around here, I'll update. Here are some pictures of our little love monkey.








This is what we found on our driveway when we came home on Monday. Our neighbor's daughter, Carol, drew it for us. She will also be our babysitter. They are so awesome - they brought over Lasagna dinner and some yummy brownies for us Tuesday night. Thank you Tracie, Pat, and Carol!

3 comments:

April S. said...

Glad to see you guys are surviving! We did the sleeping on the couch in the living room for a while too! My motto for motherhood is "Whatever works, DO IT!" Keep the blogs coming because I love to read them and see the pictures!

Courtney C. said...

Glad that things are working out for you guys. The beginning is probably the most difficult, but I promise your body will adjust itself to fit Sydney's needs. Maddison and I would love to come by for a visit. Please just let me know when a good time would be. Keep the blogs coming....I love seeing pics!

Anonymous said...

hope all is going well for you and sydney. can't wait to see more pictures on the blog. :)

joy